Monday, May 11, 2009

Brighton Holiday

We went down to Brighton on Thursday to stay the night. I wanted to go there because, characters in my books go there for holiday. So I had to check it out.
We walked alon the water and there was a Pier with a carnival at the end. We didn't go over to it. We wanted to see the town. But there it is.
It was by far the coziest room we had. The Royal York Hotel. The staff was very good to us and the room was great.
While walking around we found that we were hungry before dinner. So we popped into a place called Nandos for a morsel of something. The hot chocolate was so so so good.
This was the mural art that we found on one of the streets. We thought it was pretty awesome.



We were walking past this theater and 7 Brides for 7 Brothers was playing, so we got tics and went to the show. It was really fun. The lead was obviously Irish or Scottish, the western accent was a little off. But it was good. The theater was 200 years old.

Funny story about this dress. I got a really pretty top for my sister Amanda but I wanted to pretend that this was the top I got her. So I sent her the picture and told her that I got this for her. "It could be your new 1st date outfit" I said. She was a little worried but was trying to put on a brave face. Then I told her I was kidding. I don't know, it would get some attention. I should have got it for her.
One of the streets in Brighton. Makes me think of my characters there on holiday. Staying near the shore for their health.

4 comments:

tessa said...

What a fun holiday! I just like it b/c I'm rather fond of that name, Brighton.

Unknown said...

You're so cute! That's right, characters do got Brighton in books. It looks like a lovely place. That must have been a kick to hear Brits attempting a cowboyish accent!

Amanda said...

When you told me the dress looked better on I was wondering how in the world you had fit into it! I'm a little disapointed I didn't get it. But I love the shirt you brought for me. Did you make it to Bath? All the characters in my books go to Bath.

Erika said...

Wow! Looks like a fun trip!! We went to Japan in April. The 15 hour plane trip just about killed me on the way over. Luckily our flight back was a little shorter.

Baby soon? I think we'll be welcoming ours this week...