Sunday, July 12, 2009

What's in a name?

EVERYTHING. We thought it was so important that we took 3 days to finally do it. And we did of course. Nathan told me the night before that he didn't like any of the names enough to pull the trigger and he knew that I liked Emmett so much that he would let me do it. What????!!!! Oh My GOsh. I was so excited, I smiled from ear to ear. That was a great moment. Nathan is the bestest husband ever. Emmett Glenn Shields is his name and I couldn't be happier. Nathan says the name is growing on him and he likes it. I wonder if him caving has anything to do with the whole natural birth or anything. I knew I would have to do something drastic to get the name.

5 comments:

tessa said...

So exciting. Everything about this little guy and his birth and life. Big congrats to your family, tough Mama! You're my hero.

Christy said...

Congrats, Whitny! I love the birthing story, what a great thing to have experienced. I love the name too and he is just so perfect. I am counting down the days till I'm due. It is so freaking hot! You are amazing!

Alli said...

Yeah Whitny!! I really like it too - he's my favorite character on Silverado :) Hey, can we call him Mit or Mutt?

The LaLa said...

Emmett is a pretty cool name. He will grow up to be either a high school English teacher, track coach, and motivational speaker on the Church Education circuit, or....a really big, fast football player. We are delighted for you. I bet his Grandpa Glenn is happy about the middle name as well.

Annie and Clayton Evans said...

Congrats...he sure is a cutey!!