Thursday, March 25, 2010

Exposure in Flagstaff



No I don't mean the cold. That is something I try to avoid. It is chilly up here.

I am talking exposure as in the new hobby that I love.
I since I love my hubby too, I was trying to get pictures of him playing pool in a room that is flooded with light but the images turn out so dark at first. I thought hum there has to be a way. I know I read about this some where..... Oh ya EXPOSURE. So I went
to the manual setting on the camera. The first pictures were done at ISO 200 and they were just too dark so I bumped the ISO to 400. Don't want to go any higher. I hate the grainy.
The initial picture was taken with F5.6 1/250 So dark. The shutter wasn't open long enough to let the light in.
So I opened the aperture up to 3.5F and slowed the shutter to 1/60. Oops too much.
3.5F and 1/250 worked great. I was so excited. I did it. I actually talked to Lorri Craig about using manual mode more. Thanks Lorri for the inspiration.
I didn't edit the above pics. But I did edit these of tyler. Pretty cute. He likes pool and being big.


We rented a house and I am telling you, it is the way to go. We love it. 200 a night. Which is what we would spend on a hotel and it wouldn't be as nice. The kids ran into the house and explored and pronounced that it was the coolest place they have EVER been. Burton actually followed me around saying, "I can't stop saying, this is the coolest house, mom it is so cool." BTW we have to get 2 rooms when we go to a hotel. Then we have to worry about the people below us. The kids escaping....
Tyler and Oscar are snowboarding right now. So fun. Tyler is determined to board like Shaun White. Oscar just heads straight down the hill.

No comments: