Sunday, May 23, 2010

Moving day

We moved yesterday from our home of almost 4 years. We decided it was time. Ya I know at the bottom of the market. But we are hoping to find another home. So... a wash right?
Moving 8 people and furniture is daunting to say the least. It is just a matter of one foot in front of the other. Or one box after another.
We are in my parents house while they are on their mission. They are incredibly generous and we are so thankful for this wonderful house. Smaller, but we can make it work. The boys are kind of helping. Every once in a while they want to help, but usually it is repeated asking and begging that gets them motivated. Never screaming, not me.
We went to the store to get some necessities and I told Wesley we were going to find some snacks for the boys. He said, "Oh I want those bars that we have at Nana's, um Nudie bars!" Of course he didn't spell it. But I laughed the whole time through the store. It was so funny. Then I finally figured out he wanted Nutragrain bars. So I got em. Had to right?
The other entry for funniest moment yesterday was Tyler
Setting: Grandma and Grandpas house, evening before bed
Me: "Tyler, you need to take a shower." "Oh and there is no hot water yet."
Ty: indignant- "What, I have to take a cold shower?" Why doesn't this house have hot water?"
Me: "The hot water comes on Monday"
Ty: more indignant-- "There is only hot water on Mondays?"
I could bearly answer him, I was laughing so hard.
We did get a chance to go to the Temple dedication today. Our family is so grateful for the blessings of the temple. Wonderful experience to see our wonderful Prophet. We love Pres Monson. The meeting seemed very personal, different than Gen Conf.
We also found time to take a walk, so not a bad day.

3 comments:

Alli said...

Which session did you go to? We went to the morning one. I tried to call you tonight. . . I miss you.

Mallory said...

YOU MOVED! Exciting! I want to come see your house..and so I can hang out!

Trevor and Lauren said...

HEY! Hope the move turns out to be a good decision and AWESOME that you got to see the prophet and see the new temple!!