Saturday, July 10, 2010

Camping with Good Friends

Ahh good friends. So fun. We found a place put down stakes. We actually didn't take the time to set the stakes. My dad will be appalled. Only stayed one night.
This first picture is one of my first attempts at HDR. I need to get a plugin for my Photoshop so I can do better. But it took 3 shots blended together to get this look. It is pretty bad compared to what is out there. Look it up. Here is one that I like. There are so many more. I don't like the ones that are really cartoony. But the others are breathtaking. If you see a picture that has dark colorful skys and the foreground is lit nicely. Sharp and colorful. It is HDR. it is not possible to get all of these things in a single shot.
Look at that look on his face. Pure happiness.....
Some night time shots. On a tripod. Shutter was open for 25-30 seconds. So so cool. Oscar had a stick that had an ember on it and was blowing repeatedly for the whole exposure. Pretty neat.
THis is Tyler whittling in the dark. Not Whistling> Who gets the reference.?
This is my friend Megan. She did some cool things in these exposures.

And of course YY was the picture of the campout. What a doll.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

They Might Be Giants. Love the pictures. I love Oscar's face in the one on the quad. What a cutie.

Amanda said...

They Might Be Giants! The picture of Burton on the quad is so sweet. I like that kid.

Alli said...

They Might Be Giants. . . or. . .

Cute kids Whit.