Sunday, December 5, 2010

Nate's 40th Birthday


Friday Morning is when the fun started. Our wonderful office staff decorated for Nate and surprised him with pictures of him self on the wall as a baby. Awe.
I wanted to make an effort too. (I am usually asleep before Nathan leaves in the morning so I had to come up with some lame excuse about going to the store early before the kids left for school) So as soon as he left the house. I started yelling "go go go! get in the car come one party at dads office" Kids had no idea. I didn't trust em to keep the secret. So they were bewildered and a little unnerved I think. We were out the door in 2 minutes. Record time. We showed up after the surprise but it was still fun. They sang to him.The rest of the birthday was creative i guess you could call it. Amanda called it "weird". Maybe you would too. But let me explain. I wanted to have a party. Do I have it at a restaurant? Ick. Can't talk to any one unless they are at your table. At a hotel? Um that would have to be a big hotel room. Our house? that would mean I would have to clean it. And I wanted to get away. So I rented a house in Gilbert through VRBO.com. 2 nights in a nice clean house close to our house in case I was needed at home. So Friday night we went out with friends and then got to sleep in a silent house, all to our selves. Nice change. Then Nate got up in the morning to golf with some buds. Came back to the house and took a nap. Awesome. Then we went shopping. And got ready for the party. Thai food and pool. Great friends.

Thanks Sarah, for bringing the birthday hat. Nice touch.

This one of Ryan is hilarious. Love it Ryan. Give it all you've got. Take no prisoners.

He said that it was a great birthday. Nathan is my best friend. I'm so grateful for him and his wonderful example. I am so glad he's mine. Love you babe.

4 comments:

megan said...

i've heard of rent-a-party but never rent-a-house-for-a-party..love the idea. and love the new family pic!

kvhawker said...

Great post! We love you all and are glad that Nathan isn't getting older just better.

Alli said...

Seriously awesome party Whitty, It made me think turning 40 wouldn't be so bad :)

Unknown said...

You're so good at surprises Whit! It looked like a great time!