Monday, April 27, 2009

Next posting from London

Thames River.  On the Waterloo Bridge.  We drove over on a double decker bus.  Top front row.  Best seats. 
Then we went to the British Museum.  I thought it was going to be a history of Britain.  But it was relics stolen or preserved by the UK for all these other countries.  How nice.  Nana gave up about 2 rooms in.  I gave up a little while later.  But I did enjoy the Greek statues and friezes.  Very cool. 
Nathan read every thing.  So now he is a know-it-all about the Parthenon and stuff like that. 
I liked these.  The figures in flowing robes.  So cool
Then we went to Westminster Abby.  It was amazing.  Way over the top decor.  They buried anyone with enough money or influence in there.  I took several pictures illegally.  You weren't supposed to take picts.  But I am a rebel.
Charles Dickens had a Block on the floor in the poets corner.  It was really cool.  He isn't buried there.  Love him.  Wish I could go to the Charles Dickens Museum.  But I am the only on who wants to go.  I would have to drag Nate there.  Don't know if I can make that happen. 
This is the courtyard in the Abby.   So pretty and it was a rainy day.  Awesome.
The entrance to Westminster.  Very pretty.
Big Ben in the distance.  

3 comments:

Alli said...

Beauty pics Whit! Is all your research paying off? It looks fantastic, that tree is sweet.

Amanda said...

I love your pictures! That is so pretty. I would totally go to the Dicken's memorial with you! I love that guy. How's the food?

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Glad you are having a great time!
Pamela