Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Windsor Castle

Tuesday we were up at the crack of 9:00 to get on the train to Windsor Castle. We didn't make it there til the 11:30 train. Takes us a while. These are the trains in England. They are so simple and clean. Getting around is so easy. We are just loving every min. We are the wide eyed lookey loos on all the buses and trains. Subway there isn't much to see.

When we got off the train to Windsor there is this wonderful road that follows the wall of the castle. There are shops and restaurants and a full out door shopping mall. It is charming to say the least.
Windsor Castle. The Queen was there as you can see by the flag flying in the round tower. We didn't see her. Weird. The castle is just massive.

I love taking illegal pictures. Haven't been caught yet. Maybe when I do get caught, Nate can take a picture with some one elses camera, of me in the stocks. This is St. Georges Hall, where the queen does her grand scale entertaining. 160 people are seated at table her to eat. It is really cool.
St Georges Chapel. This is the pipes for the organ. Wow. It was pretty impressive. I think that is what they were going for.

This guy freaked me out. I could seriously get no closer to him. It was like standing next to a corpse. It was spooky or something. I can't describe how it felt. He was more of a cardboard cut out than a person. Then he moved to march around. yikes.Cute little shops right out side the exit for the castle. We got some stuff for the boys.
Then we searched for food. We found a little sandwich shop. There are lots of sandwich shops everywhere.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Keep taking those illegal pictures Whit, since it's going to be awhile before I get over the pond.

Alli said...

Hey Whit. You are in London and stuff. That is cool. I like the pictures you are cute! Bring me back a sandwich.