Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pinewood Derby 2010

Well it is that time again. We had our race early this year. I have a stake primary calling now so I was there all day. I did manage to get some shots of the boys. I took so many pictures of all the wards that raced.
Wesley, Oscar and Tyler before the race. So optimistic.
Carefully placing the cars. Essential. I love these shots. I used a 70's action on all the pictures to make the colors look old, yet vivid.
This shot of Oscar above was one where Tyler and Oscar were in the same race. Their cars are in the 5th and 6th row. Blue and green cars.
The Anguish

Great action shot.

Tyler and Oscar were cars 19 and 1 in this picture

When the dust had settled, Oscar got 9th and Tyler got 15th. Tyler was disappointed. We don't talk about it. Sadly for Tyler it was the last year he can race. I guess he will have to live vicariously through his brothers. He has plenty of opportunities to help. Hopefully in a couple years he will be a lot of help with the younger boys.
A tip on making the cars. Less wood. Make up the weight with the lead or coins. The wedge cars did really good too. Good luck

2 comments:

megan said...

Good to know...its our pack mtg tonight...with matt's first night as cubmaster...we're getting the boys amped for next month! singing "its pinewood derby time...."

Alli said...

Pinewood Derby kills me. Last year for Jeffey though, Pete has another 7 years before he gets to do it. Maybe Jeff will help him with it. . .?