Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 11th Gilbert AZ Temple

Here are the pictures from yesterday.  It was an exciting day.  I got wind that there was some pieces of stone available for people to have a souvenir of the temple stone.  I tried to tell everyone I know. Ha.  IT is really pretty, pictured at the bottom.  I don't know how the panel got broken.  They say it happens in shipping.  Even is there is a little damage they can't use it.  They have very high standards for all the workmanship.  
The below picture is of the south side of the temple, or the back.
This is the north west corner.  
Close up of the steeple.  did you notice the smudge on all of my pictures.  I think that a kid drew on my lens with something.  It rubbed off.  But now I know, wipe my lens before I shoot.  Rookie mistake.  Ha
Any way.  The angel Moroni will be 13 feet tall.  What an exciting day it will be to see him up there watching over us.
This is the north side also.  
It is really too bad these pictures are so different from the ones in the beginning. I will have to re-edit the earlier pictures.  
Here is the stone.  It is so pretty.  It seems there is alot of quartz in it. That makes the temple walls shimmer.  
Ok.  A friend of mine asked me what I was going to do with the stones.  And so I have come up with a solution that is not original but I am excited non the less.  Shadow box.  I will print one of the  construction pictures and put it in 7 boxes.  One for every boy and one for Nate and I.  We can share.  Then it isn't lying about breaking into ever more smaller pieces with handling.  

No comments: