Thursday, April 1, 2010

Light, ahhh Light

So I think about light all the time. What kind of light? What direction is it coming from. And I have been thinking there is something in using a reflector or diffuser. Went on line naturally and found some info. A quick reflector is a piece of white paper. Cool. So this is what I found. Here's my old ratty shoes that have seen better days. The first picture is with out the reflector and the second, with. It is slight, but sometimes that is all you need to light the face a little more.
Here is an example with Mitt. Unfortunatly the second picture with more light wasn't focused completely. Arggg. Anyway. It is funny but out of these two pictures I like the one on the left, but the experiment was a success. Paper Works.

The ones above are SOOC (Straight out of Camera) and this the one below has been tampered with. Altered, subjected to post production. Cute baby.

1 comment:

The LaLa said...

Whit -- I haven't gotten on your blg in a while. Wow, love the photography. You have a real "eye" -- whatever that means. And the very cool camera helps also. Happy Birthday to you and your little feller. They are beautiful boys, every single one. We like VRBO too, and may use it in the future. I also love the idea of doing a home exchange in some faraway place. Except...who would want to come where we live?